sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven Series #1)

Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven Series #1) - Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors. Not because she writes stellar, thought-provoking novels, or thrilling novels, but because she has perfected a formula that is easy to settle into and just enjoy.It’s also part of my issue with her novels: because she is formulaic, they almost never deviate and there are no surprises. She works in pairs and threes, especially in her paranormal novels, and it’s always very obvious where she is taking the story and that characters are going to get their HEA. But, like I said, that’s why she’s so enjoyable, too. You know what you’re gonna get.Blood Brothers starts out innocently, and centered around 3 boyhood friends who accidentally open the portal for something evil that then terrorizes their small Maryland town for seven straight days every seven years. The townsfolk never remember what they’ve done, and each time is stronger and worse. The boys, now men, are nowhere close to solving how to close off whatever is terrorizing them, or knowing exactly what it is.I enjoyed this, but I’m struggling to find much to say about it. It’s a standard Nora Roberts paranormal romance novel, so it has everything one of her fans is looking for. It’s comfortable, it’s easy to get into, and it’s fun. She always writes likable characters, because she’s just really perfected that. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever run into a character written by her I didn’t like. But I’m so used to her writing, that I’d like her to shake me up a bit, do something out of the ordinary. My favorite novels by her continue to be her earlier works like Montana Sky and Genuine Lies, because they’re different and dangerous. Now I think she just writes things that are…easy.Either way, Nora Roberts fans will still like what she offers!This review is also posted at Nerdhuffing.com.