sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)

Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3) - Jocelyn Adams Such a fabulous conclusion to the Lila Gray trilogy and still…I want more!Lila Gray, the fae Queen, is on a mission to find the Magi, the race bent on destroying all other races (including humans ya’ll), except they are incredibly hard to find and Lila needs to convince the Seelie, Unseelie, Elves and other fae to fight with her or all is lost to these creatures.I keep saying it and I’ll say it again: the Lila Gray series is a great new face in the paranormal romance genre! It’s serious but fun at the same time, and Jocelyn Adams writes her characters with a certain aplomb that makes them entertaining to read and the book hard to put down.I once interviewed Adams and she told me she was a pantser and had no idea where the series was going when she started Glass Man. Yet, all three novels (Glass Man, Shadow Born and now Rise of the Magi) blend together seamlessly to create one great story.Lila Gray is a character that starts out not knowing what she is in the beginning of the series and as she is captured and takes on her role as the fae Queen, learns and grows. Adams does a remarkable job developing her character and strength, so much so that she is the kind of character you can look up to (if you’re weird like me and think characters are real people – and I know you are and do).Adams doesn’t ignore her secondary characters. I particularly liked Andrew’s growth during the novel, from pissy and braying to loved and a strong warrior.The plot: GREAT! Lots of tension and it’s very…pulpy. The last two books focused mainly on the Seelie and Unseelie. Now Adams has brought the other fae into the mix and I loved reading about how they all get together to beat the bad guy(s).Adams continues to incorporate a lot of humor in her writing, and Rise of the Magi is no different. The characters bandied about sarcasm and snark and I laughed and laughed at the innuendos that flew back and forth. They really are a funny bunch! I will miss them (so Jocelyn Adams, that’s a hint to write more Lila Gray books)!For anyone interested in a new fae/paranormal romance series, look no further, because you’ve found it.This review is also posted at The Bawdy Book Blog. I received this book for review, but I was not compensated for my opinion.