sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

This Love

This Love (University of Branton) (Volume 1) - Nazarea Andrews This review is also posted at The Bawdy Book Blog.God. Damn.That’s how This Love made me feel: Slightly scandalous, arousing and so in-my-face, I couldn’t turn away!Nazarea Andrews has a jackpot of a book in this new adult novel with two adorbs characters, Avery and Atticus, both of whom have had troubled relationships in their pasts and maybe have a hard time trusting others now because of it. They felt relatable to me. Like, I totally got them, I got why they felt they way they did all the time. I understood them, I walked in their shoes. It’s tough to make readers feel that connected, but Andrews does it very well.I think the thing I loved about Avery was that she is this strong girl/woman, on the brink of the rest of her life, and she is uncompromising. She knows what she wants, and she goes after those things, but at the same time, I think it’s hard for her to admit that she might be wrong, she might jump to conclusions and she’s definitely afraid of admitting to being afraid. But she has these ambitions and this drive to be great and no one is getting in the way of that. Not. Even. A. Hot. As. Fuck. Guy.And boy is Atticus HAWT. He’s the professor you daydream about, the one you want to rip the clothes from, the one you think about seducing behind the closed door of his office while you sweep student papers from his desk. He strikes me as the kind of guy who’s always been a dreamer, but teaches to get himself by so he can do the things he desires, like chase pirates and research legends. And it’s not that he doesn’t like teaching, or even needs to do it, but I think it’s also something to keep him fulfilled.I cannot express how much I really just loved This Love and Atticus + Avery. These two are so explosive together, that I spent the first half of the novel twisting my fingers and curling my toes, waiting for them to get a move on already, because I needed that…that explosion of the two of them together. I wanted to see them work, because they felt so damn good together. The potential scandal of it all, you know, professor/student relationships, that also tickled my fancy, because it’s like they are doomed from the beginning anyway, and that made me want to see them make it even more.The plot is really simple and I liked that. I’m not going to rehash it, because you can get it from the synopsis, but I will tell you that Nazarea Andrews does a fabulous job on selling her characters and making them all feel real. This is a New Adult, and I think that genre sometimes don’t feel real, like people in real life don’t really talk like that or do those things, but in This Love, it’s all very genuine and I had no problems getting lost in the story and rooting for the characters she made me love.I loved This Love 100%, I read it in one night. And Nazarea Andrews is now on my auto-buy list.**I received this book in exchange of an honest review.