sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

Ghost Light

Ghost Light - E.J. Stevens I was really excited to get the ARC for Ghost Light. E.J. Stevens is quickly becoming an Indie favorite of mine, with her two other books in the Ivy Granger series, Shadow Sight and Blood & Mistletoe. Ghost Light didn’t disappoint!Stevens plunges us back into the world of private detective Ivy Granger, who now knows she is a halfie-fae Wisp princess, although that’s a secret to the rest of the fae community. Or so she thinks. Things are hunky dory with Ceff. Again, or so she thinks. And then all at once, poop hits the fan: she thinks she spots Ceff’s ex-wife outside a store while shopping with Jinx, and practically all the fae community end up on her doorstep, requesting her services because the fae children have all gone missing.She’s a busy lady.I think I liked Ghost Light even more than Shadow Sight – or Blood and Mistletoe for that matter, as macabre as that novella was. Stevens is really hitting her stride in the Ivy Granger series, delivering a compelling mystery that’s full of spunk and a paranormal twist to boot. Since it’s continued in the 1st person, we get Ivy’s inner dialogue, which is often her dry humor, even when she isn’t trying to be, and it’s something I can easily relate to.Ivy discovered in the last book that she is a fae princess, so there is another story line that begins halfway through this book, and I can see where E.J. Stevens is going to take the third: what happened to Ivy’s father, King of the Wisps? She’s spent her entire life thinking he abandoned her, but it’s hinted strongly in the last book that he left for some other reason we have yet to discover. I can’t wait to find out!Jinx has horrible luck with guys, like usual. Ivy tries to protect her from this, but I don’t think there is any protecting Jinx. My question has been and will continue to be, when will she fornicate with Forneus the demon? Hmmmm?I really, REALLY enjoyed the introduction of new characters in this novel, like Torn, and the sidhe cats. Torn’s nature, with his sly remarks, and the way he slinked around, often reminded me of the Cheshire Cat. I loved him!I will say that I kind of figured out what was going on early in the book. Perhaps not the details, but I definitely had the whodunit down pat. I won’t give it away, and perhaps I was just on the lookout for it, or maybe it’s my suspicious nature, LOL. But I do like it more when I get completely surprised and I wasn’t really. However this didn’t detract from my enjoyment of Ghost Light one bit!Stevens also incorporated some key current (or historic) events, to tie the novel to the real world, which I thought was pretty neat, and helped me to ground it as an urban fantasy.Overall, this is one of the best indie series you could possibly read right now, and if you don’t have it on your TBR, I think I might just disown you!This review is also posted at The Bawdy Book Blog. I received this ARC in exchange of an honest review.