sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

Darkfever (Fever Series, Book 1)

Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning I'm probably your typical Urban Fantasy fic reader, so it's no surprise I liked this book. What IS surprising is that I ever found out about it. Yes, I live most of my life with my head up my own ass, but I like to think being on Goodreads and Nookboards is rectifying that for me.I found this on a Freebie Friday deal in July for the Nook on B&N's website. I picked it up, because I have this ebook hoarding disorder that hasn't been diagnosed yet, and let it sit on my Nook. After I finished reading - well shoot, I don't remember, THAT is how much this book (and series) has consumed my "book life" - I decided to give Darkfever a whirl. I was immediately consumed. What? Mac's sister was brutally murdered by something otherwordly?! Check me in! I devoured it in about a day. Karen Moning is excellent at what she does: fleshing out characters, making you care about them, building worlds you wouldn't mind parking your petunia in for a little while (or....FOREVER!). She writes plot twists and turns with what seems to be a flourish of her hand, leaving me confounded and perturbed and....jonesing for more. I could not get enough of the Fever world, so once I finished, I immediately bought 2, 3 & 4. And I was oh so mad when I found out I was going to have to wait until January (Oh. Em. Gee. that's five whole months!) to read the last one!If you haven't taken a turn on the Fever train yet, I suggest you hop aboard. It's a wild ride!