sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 7)

Lover Avenged - J.R. Ward I feel my enchantment with the Black Dagger Brotherhood waning, and I feel a bit like I had to slog through this book as much as I did the previous, even though it was better. Possibly a break from series books is in order...Lover Avenged was a good first foray into the hows and whys of the vampire race's interactions with the syhmpath colony. It also escalates the on-going battle between the race and the lessers, focuses intently on Lash's progression as the Omega's son. I still found it...contrived. The only thing that took me by surprise (and I'll give credit where credit is due) is the ending. I did not expect Rhevenge to ascend the throne as King of the Syhmpath colony, and I am interested in finding out how that all works out in the end. Payne makes a more involved, if brief, appearance, thus paving the way for a book regarding her story. Phury remains largely out of the picture and story as Primale of the Chosen. In the end, I think I am enjoying the unfolding story (throughout the books) of John Matthew the most. I know he is Darius' reincarnate, but when will everyone else find out? And yet still, the story feels cookie-cutter, with a basic plot, not many surprises and the only thing different is the cast of characters. And let's face it, there is already a ton of vampire fiction out there. I just don't feel like this stands out.