sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4)

Blood Promise - Richelle Mead Blood Promise keeps the pace of the first three books very well. In it, we find Rose having left the Academy and striking out on her own in Russia...specifically, Siberia, Dimitri's home country. She's on a mission to find him and release him from his "undeadness," something she battles with herself over, because she's not sure she can do it. Lissa has her own war to wage - without even knowing it - back home, with the introduction of new faces, as well as old, to keep her on her toes. Only this time, it's different: she doesn't have Rose for protection. I still find her to be a weak character, but I'm a little unsure I am giving her a fair chance. I wonder if Mead wrote her to be weak to offset Rose's personality. Or maybe she's not weak at all, and we'll see more of her strength in the next two books as she learns more about Spirit. It's still hard to say. But my opinion on her strength of character doesn't detract from the wonderful story at all, especially when there are other characters who carry the book so incredibly well.I have continued to ADORE Adrian...his character can be so charming and flamboyant, and yet at the same time, he's deep and serious. I think if Rose didn't love Dimitri so much, Adrian would be the perfect match for her. Heck, maybe he is anyway!Rose also meets new faces in new places, battles continual internal conflict and we get to watch her grow even more than in the previous novels. I won't spoil anything here, because whom she meets and where are a major plot-line in the story, but suffice to say, it was a great plot-line and I hope it continues.Richelle Mead continues to write an excellent story, filled with rich characters and places and I can't wait to read the next.