sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

Bloodlines (Bloodlines (Richelle Mead))

Bloodlines - Richelle Mead Okay, so e'ryone and their mom (which is probably close to the truth in the UF reader world) is jonesin' for Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. Vampire Academy rocked our socks right off with the Rose/Dimitri/Adrian triangle and accompanying storylines and WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE!Does Bloodlines deliver? Answer: YES!Bloodlines is a fantabulous follow-up to the YA/UF saga and in some ways, I think it's better. Richelle Mead has taken our interest in her world and twisted it so we're reading from another angle: the human angle. Bloodlines is the beginning of the story behind Sydney Sage, the Alchemist we meet in Blood Promise, book 4 of the Vampire Academy series, when Rose treks to Mother Russia in pursuit of dreamy Dimitri. She's evasive, mysterious and kick-ass in a smarty-pants kind-of-way and I loved her from the moment I met her. So getting to review Bloodlines and follow Sydney's story is a real treat for me.Bloodlines won't disappoint you, as long as you go in with the realistic expectation that the story is told from a human POV and is completely NOT about Rose and Dimitri. It's action-packed, twisty and includes more than a few secondary characters from the Vampire Academy series. Mead continues to pull us in with snarky, witty characters and entertaining plot lines. She knows what works for her - and us - and gives it to us in spades. And I was so happy I got to see more of Adrian. Have I told you all lately how much I looove him? Speaking of plotlines, that's where I have a bit of a quibble. While Bloodlines was GREAT, it does feel as though Mead is recycling storylines, so for me, there weren't many surprises. I had the whodunit figured out before I was halfway through the novel. There are several similarities between new characters and old (by old, I mean dead). But I think she plays those up on purpose, like a little deja vu. Overall, it's not a big deal, and I enjoyed it immensely. In fact, I read it in under 24 hours! And the ending? GOD DAMN.