sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

The Glass Man

The Glass Man - Jocelyn Adams I'll be honest: I accepted The Glass Man because the cover is pretty. I think everyone does that at one point or another, and we hope and pray that we picked a good book. Yeah, sometimes I DO judge a book by its cover. I'm a cover lover.Glass Man didn't disappoint me! It starts off fast-paced; Lila is on the run from the Glass Man, the world is in tatters and she's living off the land, just trying to survive. She doesn't know who or what the Glass Man is, but she is afraid. She knows she's not human, but would give anything to deny it and live a normal life. Unfortunately her life is far from normal, nor will she ever see anything resembling "normal" again.You see Lila is IMPORTANT. But you'll have to read it yourself to find out why. I really liked Glass Man. It has everything a Fae fantasy requires: lust, danger, compassion, excitement. Jocelyn Adams really grabs you by the front of your shirt with her book, demands you to read it, drown in it. Lila was a very easy character to identify with: she's your average girl who gets shoved into a role she never asked for, and realizes for everyone's sake, that she needs to succeed. And boy, you WANT her to succeed! I like it when authors get it like this. I never want to hate a book and I always go into each book hoping it will leave me breathless at the end, and want for more. I want! Each of the other characters are similarly identifiable: Liam you want to see succeed. You almost feel bad for him, because you know he's in a situation he'd never take part of if he had any choice. Parthalan is a dick! But he's the kind of dick who makes you LOL! I have often met people in real life who are just like Parthalan (albeit without all the supernatural stuff): you love to hate him. Adams writes him as witty, arrogant and strangley charming, while still forcing you to loathe him. I love the description of the faerie mounds, the magic of it all. Jocelyn Adams brings the fantastical to life for her readers, and she is very, very good at it. Glass Man is an excellent, fascinating read. If you are a fan of books such as the Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton, you'll enjoy Glass Man by Jocelyn Adams.