sunshinejenn03

sunshinejenn03

Destroy Me

Destroy Me - This review is also posted at The Bawdy Book Blog.WARNER WARNER WARNER WARNER WARNER WARNER WARNER WARN- Alright, I’m done. If I wasn’t a Shatter Me/Tahereh Mafi fangirl before, I am now (…I totally was before), because Destroy Me was more than I ever expected out of the novella, and just makes me that much more antsy for Unravel Me in February. Do you think they make time machines where I can just go get it now? No? Damn.Destroy Me is told from Warner’s point-of-view, just after he’s been shot and Juliette has been spirited away by Adam to someplace unknown by The Reestablishment. Previously, he’s displayed strength and brutality, but now he’s a victim of his own circumstance, in a way. He is the one who created the situation – or so we think.Fuuuuuuudge, I don’t want to give too much away, because this novella was almost too good. But even in Shatter Me, Warner was one of my favorite characters, because he seemed so fragile beneath that hard-assed exterior, and in Destroy Me, we get to know him – as well as the inner workings of his sector – so much more intimately. He doesn’t seem to enjoy his power over the people, but at the same time he seems to think he needs it to survive. Or…that was my perception.We also get to meet Warner’s father in Destroy Me, and without a doubt, I did not like him. He reminded me somewhat of the more ruthless leaders in our history; supposed family men, but cultivating their offspring to follow in their devious , manipulative footsteps.The reasons Warner wanted Juliette were eye-opening and softened me. Not all is what it seems. And that is all I can give away. Tahereh Mafi has given us such a tasty teaser for what’s to come and I’M HUNGRY NOW.